As witnessed throughout communities around the United States, COVID-19 may have placed unforeseen tension on your Municipality as you are treading water just to keep daily operations in place while maintaining high persistence efforts to push through in order to provide as many services needed by your residents, while experiencing tight budgets and lack of funding activities. Grants are a great way to obtain more funding and provide the opportunity to alleviate the strain on your municipality.
Basic Steps to Keep In Mind
- Define your project goals and establish your needs.
- Search for grant opportunities and identify any potential funding sources.
- Reach out to the associated grant contact to learn the application process and eligibility requirements to maximize your chances of award selection.
- Begin to write your grant proposal, utilize this framing: a). introduce your organization, b). provide a summary of your project or need, c). identify problem and conduct need assessment, d). state your project objective, outline your funding needs and proposed project budget, and e). provide full project evaluation/review.
- Thoroughly review and make any edits to your grant application(s).
- Submit your applications by the indicated due date.
- Remember to follow up and check regularly on your submitted application(s).