The Commonwealth Financing Authority provides grants to municipalities and municipal authorities for small water and sewer infrastructure projects. Eligible projects are those which have a total project cost of not less than $30,000 and not more than $500,000. Eligible projects must involve the construction, improvement, expansion, repair, or rehabilitation of a water supply or sanitary sewer system which is owned and maintained by an eligible applicant.
Funds may be used by the applicant to pay for any of the following project costs:
- Construction, improvement, expansion, repair, or rehabilitation of a water supply system or sanitary sewer system
- Installation of security measures
- Acquisition of land, rights-of-way and easements necessary to construct an eligible project
- Design costs not to exceed 10% of the grant amount
- Inspection costs related to the project
- Permit Fees
- Costs to secure appropriate bonds and insurance
- Administrative costs of the applicant that are necessary to administer the grant
CEC has assisted three of our clients in obtaining grants – Freemansburg Borough for Sanitary Sewer Pump Station Repairs and Upgrades; East Norriton Township for the Norris City Avenue Pump Station and Sanitary Sewer Force Main Replacement; and Westtown Township for the Reconstruction of the Kirkwood Pump Station.